Pages

21 Nov 2007

Figgy.......again.....and again....

Okay, this is the second attempt at posting these cards!.....Blogger is giving me a hard time today....... ugh....

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this Figgy Pudding paper!! I got mine at Scrappin' Great Deals, an online shop that has fantastic prices and GREAT service!

She also has a great sale from Midnight Tuesday until Midnight Wednesday EVERY WEEK!! You should hop over there right now

-well-- read my blog first....then way you go!!

Like I said, I tried to post this earlier so you would have more time --but Blogger is sick today LOL!!


This card is so darn pretty.....I love the brown and aqua together!!



I stamped the image that I got from Michael's cheap bin ($1 - $1.50 in Canada) then stamped it again, colored it with my prisma pencils, cut it out and popped it up with dimensionals.

I actually only had HUGE 3-D glue dots so I cut two in half and then I had four!!

Smart me!!

(note to self: leave glue dots sandwiched in their protective paper when you cut them in half - I cut the first one after I removed it from the paper - let's just say _messy!! LOL!!)

I set that aside and glued my backing paper (Figgy Pudding) on, trimmed it with ribbon from Walmart, and then adhered my image on the card.

Of course, I wasn't happy, so I pulled out my photo corner punch and added MORE Figgy paper - can you every have enough??

The answer is NO!! It is addictive.....


I am not really happy with this gift card holder.

It was soooo easy to make! The tutorial is over at Splitcoast Stampers and the instructions are such a cinch to follow. Click on the word instructions for the tutorial!

I love these colors but as you can see, I screwed up the ribbon at the top.

For some reason I had a brain fart when adding the ribbon and joined it at the front of the flap instead of under the flap. I tried to hide it by added a pretty Prima flower with some satin ribbon tied in the middle....but it still needs to be fixed....

The background paper and flappy latch is cuttlebugged, and then I scalloped the latch (for use of a better word!) added some velcro and done!

Such an easy project to make! And everyone gives gift cards these days!

I hope I get one.....or two.....or.......

LUCKY ME!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these cards are so pretty!! I love the colours and the layouts, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!