Pages

5 Nov 2007

New Baby means New Grandparents....

Well, in my previous post I had made a baby card for the new parents in our neighbourhood.

A little over a year ago, when my husband and I became grandparents, we were tickled pick (well, blue - it was a boy) to receive a couple of "Congratulations on Becoming a Grandparent" cards. We really had never thought there was such a thing!





So I thought I would put together a card for "The Grandparents" of the new baby, Emma, so they could experience the joy of - being included!

I was surfing through some of the daily blogs I read and I came across Shannon's blog "Pink Tulle with Feathers & Sequins". Gorgeous works!! I was inspired by a couple of her cards to create this one.


I am really disappointed in the photo, because the colours are quite striking IRL (that means "in real life"--I read that on SCS--you learn stuff over there!) Pink, Teale, Chocolate really quite nice. I am going to try to take a better picture tomorrow in the daylight....crap....just remembered, it is in an envelope already to be mailed--LOL!!

Ah...on with the show....

The base of this card is cardstock from Papertrey Ink. I have said it before but I really must emphasize the beauty of this paper! It is so nice and thick - 110 lb. weight - and it is only $6 for 40 sheets- I mean really.....that is only .15 cents a sheet!! get over there and get some..... okay....maybe wait until you read about my card -- then go!!

The bottom of the card is paper from Basic Grey - Pheobe collection - it is kind of retro and I didn't know if it would be fitting for this stamp...but the stamp is rather funky itself so....

I stamped the image, which is from Art Impressions, in Versamagic pink rose, then used by ticket punch to punch out the corners. I cut out rose cardstock and punched those corners too then layered it onto chocolate cardstock. I wrapped some ribbon around the Pheobe paper and tied a knot. Then I adhered the image onto the card, added some brads and a bit of paper piercing and done!!

Is anybody else hating this time change? I had a snooze this afternoon because I was sooooo tired.....and now I can't sleep!! ARGHHH!!!!


I guess I will have to piddle around in my scrap room!!


LUCKY ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!