Pages

1 Jan 2008

Go Ahead and TRY It!!

Well, I hope you are all recouperating after New Year's Eve - if not it is your own fault!! LOL! We are doing great here.....had a lot of leftovers so I didn't have to make supper, everyone just grabbed it themselves. And to paraphrase Martha Stewart - that was a good thing!

The challenge on Monday at Splitcoast Stampers is "Try a New Technique".

Now, I am not one to try anything new unless I check it out, investigate it, maybe ask a few questions LOL!!

Well, I have done a few challenges, and nothing came back to bite me in the butt, so to speak, so I am trying out the "new technique".

Monday's new technique was TLC149 a split image negative.

The tutorial, by Lori Craig, was great, very detailed and so easy to understand. Click on the word, tutorial, to see it.

The gallery for this challenge is here.

I had bought this flower stamp awhile ago, in Lambeth, at Memories on Main Street. They don't have an on-line store but, her shop is so quaint and cute....I had to stop in and I had to buy stuff- I am sure you understand!!!.....

The stamp itself is by The Artful Stamper. You need to read the tutorial to see what this challenge is about, but basically, you stamp the image on two different colors of cardstock, cut it horizontally, vertically, or diagonally (which obviously I did) and then decorate anyway you can to make two different cards!!

My background paper is Basic Grey Lilykate and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink Spiral Bouquet.

If you have come from Splitcoast Stampers, I did state that a corner stamp used was from Technique Tuesday, Postcards from Paris. Well, you can look at all the corners you want on in that card and you won't find any corner stamp!!

I actually stamped it on in Adirondack Espresso, to match the "Bloom" sentiment, after I took the picture and then didn't remember until uploading to this post!! LOL!

What a great start to the new year!! It's all good!!

To bed with this sleepyhead!!

LUCKY ME!!

4 comments:

  1. Love this stunning card. The colours are so fresh. I've got to get back to doing some challenges. Thanks for the inspiration! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I'll have to check out the tutorial. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card is fantatic, love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the split negative technique but havn't done it myself...maybe you've inspired me?
    Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!