Pages

2 Jan 2008

Warming my Heart......


I love this set so I had to make another card by Papertrey Ink's My Punny Valentine and Year-Round Puns.

After all, you can never have too many Valentine's!!




The paper is from Basic Grey's Scarlet's Letter.

I thought it looked rather foresty, somewhere a squirrel would live with his girlfriend/wife/luvah!!

I punched out a heart from my heart punch (obviously -phththt!!) and attached it to the stamp.

Then I covered it with Versacolor Chalk Ink - Sahara Sand and then did the roll-around-the-ink-pad thing in Adirondack Espresso.


I very carefully removed the punched out heart from off of the stamp with my tweezers, and stamped the image onto white cardstock.


The little heart stamp was stamped in Cherry Staz-on because it is such a beautiful vibrant red, although I did read somewhere that chalk ink is recommended for acrylic stamps.

I like the look of Staz-on - it is all in the look you are going for. Also, Staz-on will stain your stamp, but it doesn't hurt the way it stamps.


I used my nestabilities circle scallop punch and although you can't really tell by this picture, I paper pierced the scallops and used my 18K gold pen to dot the holes.

Nothing but the best for my little squirrel!! LOL!


The tag was punched out with the Tiny Tags set from Cuttlebug that I got at Scrappin' Great Deals, and the sentiment was from Year-Round Puns at Papertrey Ink. I tied it on with some Offray red ribbon from Wal-mart along with gold cording and voila!! done!


Such a cute little set. Honestly, I didn't think that I would like the squirrel stamp, but I love him/her/it!!?! Too cute!


Now, I see that the Year-Round Puns has an individual stamp missing off of the set. Nichole Heady has addressed that at Splitcoast Stampers, for anyone who is wondering.


Apparently, there wasn't enough room on the sheet of stamps for that stamp and the sheet was put on the website by mistake. I mean mistakes happen people. Let it go.


According to Nichole on this post, there will be a small set offered, perhaps in January, with these two stamps on it and MORE!! How great is that!!


More stamps from Papertrey Ink can only be a good thing!!

Okay, I am catching up on some laundry and this is the SECOND time that my washing machine has danced across the floor! LOL! The dog runs under the table everytime....it's really quite funny!!


Well, I better go dance the laundry dance!


LUCKY ME!

3 comments:

  1. Love your card the paper is great, it does go perfect with that squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card!

    I am a fellow SBS2 blogger and look forward to visiting and getting to know you better!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool. I love that squirrel. Great job on the rock and roll thing. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!