Pages

12 Mar 2008

My Happy Book!


Edited to add: The links, the links, the links are not linked!!! Better now!

I have said to my kids, as my mom said to me and I am absolutely positive my grandma said to my mom "if your friend were to jump off a bridge would you do it too?"


The first time my mom said it to me I remember thinking "wha...!?"


This all being in reference to wanting to do what your friends are doing.


I have seen on numerous blogs about people altering a notebook here and there and always thinking how pretty they look and how hard that would be and I would never try it and that was that.


Now, I am jumping off the bridge, so to speak, and doing what my (cyber)friends are doing!!


I bought a small notebook from Staples (I vowed never to set foot in that place again,(long story) and yet.....) and proceeded to alter it to use as my sketch book, as does Michelle Wooderson, my very best resource in the world and I love to stalk her blog unhealthily; don't go blabbing that though, I have heard about restraining orders.....


ANYWAY.......I measured up my new little book on some Basic Grey, Stella Ruby patterned paper. I tried using Stamping Up's spiral punch to make the holes but the holes were too far apart and then I thought I should start all over but blechech!...I just cut another strip of patterned paper, made some scallops on it, punched holes with my paper punch and glued it on the (kinda) messy part!


I used Stamping Up's Warm Words "happiness" (for obvious reasons) on Very Vanilla cardstock with aquamist ink and then cut it out and embossed it with the petite oval nestabilities. Then I cut out bigger ovals on Papertrey Ink's Spring Moss and Aquamist cardstock.


I paperpierced holes on the scallops and then used the Papertrey Ink's Borders and Corners Oval stamps and stamped an oval on the aquamist scalloped piece of paper with aquamist ink.


Then I adhered it with tombow monoglue. I added Papertrey Ink's aquamist satin ribbon and then I was soooooo very happy with the results!


And on the inside I have a few sketches started that are actually my own!! haha!


I was telling my husband this morning, when I was gathering eggs, that the barn and my stamping room are the two places - right now in my life- where I can go and find some peace.


Since I am NOT going to alter the gathering room, My Happiness Book will have to do!!

2 comments:

  1. Your altered notebook is beautiful, wonder what people said before there were bridges, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Can't wait to see some Bonnie Original sketches...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!