Pages

14 Apr 2008

Happy Birthday To Baby Sis!!

It was my baby sister's birthday yesterday and I forgot all about it!! YIKES!!

I made her a card and it will just have to be late.......

I just love this Berry Sorbet paper from Papertrey Ink - it is such a beautiful deep pink - yes I know it looks kind of orangy but that is how it photographs - I promise you - it is gorgeous!!


Last week's New Technique Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to stack ribbon - I know I am late with this but there is an old saying that goes something like this -----better late than never!! (not sure if you have ever heard that or not - hee hee!)


I used 5/8" saddle stitched Berry Sorbet ribbon with 1/2" white grosgrain ribbon on top.


It is hard to see in this photograph, but I love the way the stitching peeks out on either side of the white ribbon!


I usd the Berry Sorbet cardstock for the card base and a strip of the Pink Patterns Patterned Paper on top.


I used my corner rounder without the guard to make the scallops on the patterned paper.


The teeny weeny itsy bitsy - really bitsy for these ol' eyes! - flowers are from the leftovers of my Fiskar's border punch!


It leaves teeny weeny its......well....you know what I mean......flowers all over and I wanted them for this card!


I attached 1/4" double sided tape to the "stacked" ribbon and adhered it along the top of the patterned paper.


Then I added the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Basics!!
TA-DAAAA!!


Don't forget there is another release tonight from Papertrey Ink!

Three more stamp sets and a mini set!! woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!