Pages

8 Oct 2008

Suisse Joy!

Here is that beautiful Suisse Wreath again from Cornish Heritage Farms in a window card.......

I found this technique in the Cornish Heritage Farms forum under Technique Talk---there are tons of tutorials there for you to try out!




First, I created my card base from Papertrey Ink Spring Moss cardstock. Then I cut a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of Basic Grey Boxer and lined it up on the front of the card.

Using one of the rectangle nestabilities, I ran both of the papers through my Cuttlebug, together at the same time, so that your windows will match up at the end...........that is important.......I didn't follow this step of the tutorial the first time and....well.....bah.....it was messy....

I glued a piece of clear card sheet to the front of my spring moss card base. - sounds wierd, but keep reading.

This is where I deviated a bit from the tutorial. I chose to stamp and decorate rather than colour with the copics, but that's okay I'm sure!

So, I stamped the wreath onto the clear card sheet with Cherry Red Staz-on and decorated it with some blue and green crystals and pearls!! Blingin' it up!!

Then I glued the Basic Grey Boxer paper (the one with the rectangle cut out) to the front of the card, over top of the acetate, there-by hiding the edges of the clear sheet!!

I did some faux stitching and added a couple of Prima's.

Then I stamped the word "joy" from the Heartwarmers stamp set on the inside of the card, so that when the card is shut, the sentiment is showing!!

Cool eh?

When you sign the card, just make sure that you sign at the bottom so that when the card is shut you don't see your signature through the acetate......I'm just sayin'!!


6 comments:

  1. This is lovely...great with the Boxer DP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! That wreath is so unusual. I really like it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...what a stunningly beautiful card! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous13:04

    Cool yes but also very elegant and beautiful. TFS.

    Debbie/Phx AZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super nice Christmas card! Love this wreath! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and funky too. I have never used acetate to make a window on a card but I'm going to now! Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration Bonnie. You ROCK!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!