Pages

11 Sept 2011

Happy Hallowe'en!

Good morning my dear friends! 

What a nice warm day here in Southwestern Ontario! Such a wonderful start to the autumn season...... And Hallowe'en is coming!! (what a segway....)


I just had these sweet stamps delivered to my door from Taylored Expressions so I decided to use the Taylored Expressions sketch challenge and make a Hallowe'en card. 

I am NOT a lover of Hallowe'en and I am sure it all stems back to having the most horrible weather - snow or sleet or pouring rain every year my children were dressing up and I was driving them around. 


But I LOVE making Hallowe'en cards! so here it is and I took a couple of liberties with the sketch - but hey - that's what it's all about right?!






I used the set called Toil & Trouble and stamped and coloured the jar of poison (oh yes, I'm sure it is poison!) and the skull using the warm colours of grey copic markers. The witch hat is a solid stamp so that was easy enough!


The little bureau is called Apothecary Shelf, and I stamped and coloured it with the warm greys again.....





Why don't you give the sketch a try?


I cannot let this day go by without a mention of September 11, 2001. My prayers go out to all of you today and everyday that lost loved ones on that day. It seems kind of weird that there is a "special" day of remembrance, as I am sure that those victims are thought of every day and not just once a year. But such as it is, it is a day of remembrance and we do remember.

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable Bonnie! I share your feelings of Halloween. Growing up in Northern Ontario we had to make sure our costumes were big enough to fit a snow suit underneath! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO super cute!!! It makes me sad that you aren't a fan of Halloween....it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!