Pages

9 Oct 2007

In Sympathy

Like it or not, a sad fact of life is death and today I am making squares for two funerals that our UCW is serving.
Neither one of these men were young, in my standards, and both had lived full, rich lives according to their own family members. That doesn't make death any easier, as you know, and all we can do is pray for the families that are left to mourn, and try to do what we can to ease the pain.

I have made two cards, each one unique in their own way and yet the premise is the same.

I have cased these both from Debbie Olsen, designer from Papertrey Ink. Her cards are beautiful and she happened to have a gorgeous sympathy card that I thought I would try to make.

The first one has a background of bronze glitter paper topped with forest green cardstock which has been embossed in the Cuttlebug with the textile embossing folder.
The stamp on this card is from the Stampendous - "In the Woods" collection.
I used Dew Drops Brilliance "thyme" on the branches and Dew Drops Versamagic "aegean blue" for the little bluebird. "Thyme" is a beautiful green colour that has a gorgeous shine to it and makes the stamp sparkle!!
I kind of went over it and doodled in some of the branches in brown tombow and sponged around the image in brown ink. "with deepest sympathy" is from Printworks and stamped in Brilliance green, then I used my ticket punch for the corners and mounted it on the copper glitter paper.
I popped it on the card with pop-dots and tied Close to my Heart designer chocolate ribbon around the whole thing.
The second card is basically the same principle however, I used eggplant cardstock instead of forest green.
I stamped the In the Woods image with Brilliance pearl purple and once again doodled some tombows both in brown and green to add branches and leaves.
I chose not to add ribbon to this one just to make it a little less glitzy, but I do think I like the ribbon one better (if you can LIKE a sympathy card).
These funerals always get me a little depressed, because I think of the part of my family that is the same age as these people and I get a little teary eyed!
GEEZ!
Time to go have a coffee, sit on the front porch and watch the world go by - or at least my two dogs that run around the house a thousand times in the morning, chasing birds and chipmunks!!
LUCKY ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!