Pages

1 Jul 2020

Happy Canada Day!

Good Morning! and if you are Canadian - Happy Canada Day! and if you are not Canadian I wish you a happy day regardless!

We are not doing much because of this whole silly year and Coronavirus et al,  but I am leaving the house to pick up groceries yay! Strange how little things excite me now 😁.  Hubby has gone fishing so I hope he brings home supper - that would be awesome!

I made a Canada Day card to celebrate the day - this cute little Mountie image is from Taylored Expressions and is from The Moka Collection, which is now retired I believe.  I bought her way back when and brought her out this year.  




I stamped the Mountie image on a panel of Sugar Cube cardstock and coloured her up with my Copic markers. Using stamping mask paper, I masked this cute little Mountie and then using the Set the Scene-Clouds Stencil Strips, I stencilled the clouds with Sea Salt Ink - a beautiful very light aqua.  I also stencilled the grass using two different colours of ink using a stencil I previously owned.



I removed the mask and gasped! LOL  I love the reveal - the best feeling ever.  I stamped the little maple leaf with Cherry Cobbler ink, die cut it with a heart die and sponged it up to match with the sky and grass.  I popped it up beside the Mountie and adhered the panel to a piece of red cardstock.

For my card base, I used the Plaid Layered stencil with Sea Salt Ink and Cherry Cobbler and popped up the panel onto the base.

I added some red and white twine because - well - Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!